1436 alum Quachita

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headhunter954

Reaction score
well some of may know Im new to this forum and new to boating well after two weeks I just picked it up it is a 1436 alum Quachita jon it has a built in live well but not sure how that works yet. lol 35# trolling motor and a 1973 Evinrude 25hp 2stroke .I live in south Florida so I will be prob taking it to the Glades or the lake .is this a good setup or should I maybe take the motor off and find a new hull. there not to much info on this hull please help before I dump a bunch of money in it thanks..

I would look for something a bit bigger, a 25hp on a 14 footer would be scary fast and not too fun hitting a wave, unless your looking to fly lol. I have a 30hp on a 67' 16ft aluminum Starcraft Deep v and It goes 27mph the only problem is its so light when you do hit a wave you can feel the impact. I like stability, me and my brother in a 14' jon was very tippy at times which is why I sold the jon. Just my 2 cents. I live in swf as well!

very nice well on the boat its just going to be me. and sweet i like to fly lol. im new to freshwater fishing im a saltwater /sailfish guy lol . I meen how are these things in lakes and like the glades

I have a 1436 jon with a 25hp motor. I replaced the transom and added a 1x6 oak board.
I like it, it's fast on the rivers.