holes

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatdad5

Reaction score
i just got a old alumi craft with a 25 hp evinrude. in the back were the battery and gas can goes there are a bunch of tiny pin holes... im thinking batt acid but not sure.. what would be the safest and easest way to fix this...???? also there is a hole right at the top on the side. they backed into it with a hay fork. lol.. not to worried about that.. i can deal with it. not sure bout the pin holes. the boat needs tons of work but belonged to my best friend who passed a month ago today.. cant think of a better way to keep his memory alive than fix up this boat.. he was just 39 years old. the motor is not locked up and the sterring cables arent froze up.. so i think its worth the time to get her going again.. it will take me a while but .. i cant wait to get started.............

sorry about your friend I lost a good friend too 2 months ago he was just 41 had coronary complications he was too young IMO I miss him much wish his dad would give me his boat lol its a 2007 Triton. as for the small pin holes take a look at this stuff this might work for your application https://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Aluminum-Boat-Patch/699968.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Daluminum%2Bboat%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=aluminum+boat

I used JB Weld with a small aluminum, square to fix a few pin holes and it is still holding great 4 years later. Just take some sandpaper and clean the area really well

Thanks ,
I have 6 or 8 pin holes in the floor
By the drain. The rest of the area seems
Solid. I was thinkin about making a patch and using jb weld
Should I put a patch on both sides? Or just the top
? Thanks

Fatdad5 said:
Thanks ,
I have 6 or 8 pin holes in the floor
By the drain. The rest of the area seems
Solid. I was thinkin about making a patch and using jb weld
Should I put a patch on both sides? Or just the top
? Thanks

you would probably be fine on one side but if you are like me I like to overbuild everything so I personally would patch both sides.