livewell

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok guys i need some help i wold like to put a permeant livewell in my 14ft richline. I am thinking that i will use a cooler or a plastic storage bin. Now for the thing i don't really understand i would like the live well to fill it self up and let me put fresh water in the livewell. I have been on bass boats that have all of this but i don't know how do build it i know i need a drain hole in the livewell a over flow hole and a place for the fresh water to come in to the livewell. I just do not know how to plumb all of this. If any one has any ideas and i am sure all of you know more than I lol i would really like the help thank you so much every one.

P.S this site rocks

Thank you

:WELCOME:

I'm not sure where you are located, but the cooler would be my choice (water temp). For plumbing, I would run a one pump system. Have one pump that fills the tank from a thru-hull fitting. Attach a hose to the cooler drain and run it to a thru-hull drain. Place an overflow tube on the inside of your cooler, the top should be at the level you would like the water level to top off. When you want to drain the tank, pull the tube. I hope this didn't confuse you #-o

Jim, I like it. Here's what I was thinking.

Attachments

• LW.JPG
    LW.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 1,001
Will that overflow drain that way?
I'm thinking maybe just another through hull fitting,above the water line for the overflow.
I could be wrong though.

Zum said:
Will that overflow drain that way?
I'm thinking maybe just another through hull fitting,above the water line for the overflow.
I could be wrong though.

I had two fittings, one above the waterline overflow and the drain. When I redid my boat, I patched the hole in the upper overflow and just use a pipe stuck in the drain. The top opening of the pipe is above the waterline, when the water gets to it's level, it flows out. To drain, I just pull the pipe out. Now my problem is the inflow is greater than the outflow (pipe sizing). I'll be putting a float switch in the livewell so it will just fill with new water, and the then slowly drain out - like a recirculation pump, but at 1/3 the cost, automatic, and I don't have to cut another hole in the livewell. In WI, we have to drain the livewell when we leave the lake anyway, so a full recirculation pump doesn't do me any good.