1975 monark 1445 70s time capsule!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vbgreen

Reaction score
My first jon. :mrgreen: 1975 monark all aluminum decking and hatches. 9.8 mercury tiller with foward mount controls as well, murray trailer, tilt with rollers, carpeted walk way and bow rest, old minn kota trolling motor (not in pictures) livewell, bilge pump, and a few other accessories. Paid 900 for all from original owner since 1975 with titles and service records. Any comment or advice would greatly be appreciated since this is my first jon and i am looking to king of de accessorise and reacarpet to start.my boat 046.jpgmy boat 048.jpgmy boat 049.jpgmy boat 027.jpgmy boat 040.jpgmy boat 030.jpg

Somebody REALLY liked green astro-turf. He even covered the seat posts!!

It's a cool old boat and you got a good price. I would take it out on the water and fish in it as is to see what you like about it and what you don't like, then make changes as you see fit. Plenty of ideas around here.

d m b thank you for your response. i know the astro turf job is one of a kind!! :LOL2: i have taken her out on 2 successful trips this year so far. Maiden voyage for testing in north landing river and a twilight session in rudee inlet. boat is mechanically sound and well taken care of but is a little underpowered with the all the weight in the boat. And the little 9.8 is spinning a 2 blade 9x9 prop does anyone have any expierience with these little 2 blade props. First up is removal of all accessories as everything on this rig is from the 70's it seems like.

thing i learned the hard way.
service/change out the trailer hub bearings. got my first tin and went nut fishing in free time and didnt do any service to the rig. had a hub come apart headed home one afternoon 20 miles from home. shear luck i knew a guy at the local vol. FD and got permission to leave the trailer while i shuttled everything home in the back of the truck.

Hey Man, where you located? I grew up in the Kempsville/Salem area, and live right by Greenbrier Mall now. Pretty sweet boat, do you like the stick steering? I had it in mine, but ripped it all out for weight savings. Can't wait to get back in country to finish mine (I'm in Afghanistan at the moment) and head out to Rudee and Lynnhaven. I fish 95% fresh water, but the idea of killin Reds and Specks in the Inlets has me foamin at the mouth. Congrats on joining the "Club"...

Hello outhere its friday, hope we get to do some fishing this weekend!! Thank you all for the responses. Fortunatley i have already serviced the bearings and greased them so i should be good to go til the fall... I am a maintenance man so preventative maint. is all to familiar to me :lol: I have by boat at the oceanfront in v.b and am looking to get out into west neck this weekend and get some fish in the boat. Going to bass pro tonight to pick up some tackle and a few accessories for the boat. hope to post some pictures tonight or tommorow. I am a long time saltwater fisherman, but fairly new to the freshwater scene...happy fathers day

=D> Looks like you have a great begining there. I tried to look at the pictures but the carpet made my eyes bleed. So many owners have done so much with their boats that I know you will get some ideas.

ha ha siince everyone likes the green carpet i thought i would let you guys know that the originial owner passed me down a lil' extraposts 021.jpg :LOL2:

reel rebel i saw your build and i really like the new motor!!!!! Did you see the add on our local craigslist? I am very pleased with the boat so far it is a good starting point for my first john. I see your in vb too. im down here at the ocean front right by rudee inlet. Getting ready to fish the west neck tournament this weekend if the weather allows.

sure did craigslist addict here... i fish rudee lynhaven and lake smith live right next to lake smith, i used to fish the billifish tourneys out of rudee but dont do the fresh water tourney thing...good luck

Latest posts