Does anyone else own one of these?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hello guys.

I'm wondering if anyone else has the same boat that I have.
It's a 1989 Fisher Netter DLX.
It is 16' with a 69" beam.

I've had the boat for around 6 years now and it has been a joy to own and use.
It's listed at 346 pounds, and towing and launching it is very easy.

It will get up and move with it's 25hp 1990 Mercury, also. It does 28mph (GPS) with 2 men and a full load of gear, so I am very pleased with that.

I've been told that the floors in these boats are all aluminum (no wood).

I've added and modified many things on it since I purchased it, and as it stands now it is a very fun and comfortable boat to fish out of.

Anyway, if anyone has any additional info about these boats I would love to hear it.

Here are a few pics...

dadboatretouchfinaledit.jpg

dadboatinterior.jpg

dadboatinterior2.jpg

1990 25hp Mercury with electric start...

dadboatmercuryfullcloseup.jpg

CMC tilt & trim and River Runner...

dadboatCMCtiltrim.jpg

dadboatriverrunner.jpg

dadboatriverrunner3.jpg

Livewell is under rear seat...

dadboattempress-1.jpg

dadboatlivewell.jpg

Tackle storage is under front seat...

dadboattackleseat.jpg

dadboattacklestorage2.jpg

dadboatmoretackle.jpg

dadboatmoretackle2.jpg

Refrigerated cooler (worth it's weight in gold on 95 degree days :D )

dadboatfridge2.jpg

dadboatfridge3.jpg

Onboard charger...

dadboatcharger2.jpg

Rod storage...

dadboatrodstorage.jpg

Bow...

dadboatbow2.jpg

Markers, air horn, fire extinguisher and CMC tilt switch...

dadboattiltswitch3.jpg

dadboatLindyMarkers.jpg

7" Eagle Seachamp 2000c with GPS...

dadboatpic8.jpg

Very nice rig =D> =D> Looks like it's well laid out, lots of open space and easy to fish from. Must be very stable with the low decks.

Thank you.

Yes, it is extremely stable.

It also only sits a few inches into the water.
I have taken the boat into very shallow water while bass fishing.
It is perfect for that.

I'm impressed...very nicely organized rig. Looks GREAT!....and Welcome to TinBoats! Happy to have you as part of the family!

Thank you, fender66.

This is truly a great site and I am very happy to be a part of it.

Didm't realize it before, but in the first picture it appears that your boat has a ghost :shock:

Ictalurus said:
Didm't realize it before, but in the first picture it appears that your boat has a ghost :shock:

Have no fear, that is just my horrible photo editing skills on full display. :D

That is a member of my family that I (poorly) edited out of the photograph.
I don't put pictures of my family on the internet, so that is why it looks like that.

flatboat said:
wow thats a nice rig . kinda curious about that skeg protector. and comp prop . ya must have lots 'o rocks

Thank you, flatboat.

On my very first trip after buying the boat I took a small piece out of my aluminum prop when I ran into some shallow water (in the middle of the river #-o ) so when I got home I went straight to Cabela's website and ordered the River Runner and composite prop.

I lost 2 mph off my top speed, but I feel much better knowing that my prop and lower unit are much safer now.

Most of my fishing is done on small lakes and ponds, but every once in a while I will take it out onto the river where the skeg guard and prop could come in handy.

1345 said:
Have no fear, that is just my horrible photo editing skills on full display. :D

That is a member of my family that I (poorly) edited out of the photograph.
I don't put pictures of my family on the internet, so that is why it looks like that.

I guessed as much, still looks like an old Unsolved Mysteries pic! Did you lose the MPH from the comp prop or the skeg guard. The prop looks nice, Honda also runs a four blade prop, wonder what the advatages are.

Yeah, the picture kinda looks like the Predator when he would cloak in the old Predator movies, also.

I installed both the River Runner and the comp prop at the same time, so I do not know which one is responsible for most of the 2 mph drop.

Also, because I only ran the boat with the aluminum 3-blade prop one time, I don't have much to compare the 4-blade to.
I have zero complaints with the 4-blade, though. The boat gets on plane very quickly and handles like a dream with it on there.

Everything looks great except that the fire extinguisher is a little crooked. That's all I could find that wasn't perfect. =D>

lol, believe it or not right after I posted that picture I said "The next time I'm working on the boat I've got to straighten that fire extinguisher out". :D

I even vacuum the carpet during the winter months when the local lakes are all frozen over and the boat is just sitting in the garage. :roll:

Thanks for all of the kind words, guys.
I know it isn't the latest and greatest, but I still love it as if it was.

My plans for the future are to move the Seachamp 2000c to the bow and put one of the new down imaging units in it's place.

I would also love to have a shallow water anchor, but the prices on the Power Pole and Minn Kota Talon are a little more than I would like to spend (doesn't mean I won't spend it, though :D ).

90% of my fishing is done for bass in shallow water, so those anchors would really help keep my light boat from drifting around on me when I am trying to work an area over really thoroughly.

Love the boat! I saw this one on my local craigslist. Looks to be the same hull as yours, but with a side console setup.

https://columbia.craigslist.org/boa/2449031365.html

Latest posts