KL Industires Owners Group Forum Bass Tender Bass Hound

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixgun86

Reaction score
KL Industries Owners Group

Forums For Discussion of Bass Tender , Bass Hound , and Water Quest vessels. 10.2 9.4 11.3

https://klindustries.forumer.com

Keywords: BassTender BassHound WaterQuest Forum Bass Tender 9.4 Bass Tender 10.2 Bass Tender 11.3 BassTender 9.4 BassTender 10.2 BassTender 11.3 BassHound 9.4 BassHound 10.2 BassHound 11.3
Bass Hound 9.4 Bass Hound 10.2 Bass Hound 11.3 Water Quest 9.4 Water Quest 10.2 Water Quest 11.3 WaterQuest 9.4 WaterQuest 10.2 WaterQuest 11.3 Basshound Forums Pictures of Bass Hound Help Modifications

Attachments

• Banner.JPG
    Banner.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 2,531
My Grumman looked worse than that and I thought about several ways to work around it. One was to trace the outline of the transom onto 3/4 ply, seal it with epoxy, and install it with a fay seal of 3M 5200 onto the exterior of the transom with bolts. I even went as far as cutting the ply to shape but at the last minute decided to go another route. Instead, I bought a piece of .062 5052 aluminum and cut it to shape. After I removed all the old paint and corrosion from the transom with an angle grinder and stainless wire wheel, I took it to a local welder and had the new sheet welded onto the existing transom. He was able to tie-in to the exiting weld and it looks like new. Before I installed the new transom core, I sealed all the holes in the old transom skin from the inside with MarineTex.

I've seen several people recommend using old road signs for this purpose. Had I been able to find one large enough, that's exactly what I would have used.

Latest posts