need help mounting seats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AR.223

Reaction score
I finally got my alumacraft 1448 done and took it out for a spin. I told myself that I was not going to put seats in it and just use the benches. Well, after about a hour of riding my back change my mine very quick. The thing is, since I put a steering console in it I want my seats as low as I can get them and solid. any ideas? heck, I even thought of cutting an access hole in the back of the bench and bolting them directly to the top of the bench. but I'm trying to get around hacking my new boat up.

thanks.

You could always mount the seat and a swivel strait to your bench

Pics speak for themselves.

Long rods with threaded ends to secure to bench

Attachments

• new seats and mounting 001.jpg
    new seats and mounting 001.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 816
  • new seats and mounting 004.jpg
    new seats and mounting 004.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 816
found these mounts at gandermt. seem solid haven't had it on the water yet. here some pics of my boat with my homemade console and throttle bracket. I use my dads console as a pattern. down side to it, mine is made of 16ga steel, We had plenty of sheets of it laying around besides, our aluminum welder does not work. as you can see I put the tank up front after the first trip out. with myself and a 180lbs outboard it sat to low for me. according to the speed sensor on the fish finder it runs 28 with two ppl and around 30 with just me.
specs 2011 1448 alumacraft, 2005 mercury 25hp 4 stoke bigfoot with a 15p prop.
042lq.jpg

034hd.jpg

035ng.jpg

036lv.jpg

037yj.jpg

038itl.jpg

040bl.jpg

041cu.jpg

Latest posts