What type of boat do I have?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BossierBob

Reaction score
Hello all, first off I love the site getting a bunch of good ideas on how to mod this boat I got. I wanted to know if anyone of you know what type of boat it is. I have no clue, there is no hin tag on the transom and I only got a bill of sale, and I know its 14' long, its obviously pretty old. I'm thinking its some kind of old starcraft but I am unsure. So far tho I've been able to get the boat into primer I'm going up to upstate NY next week to pic up a outboard from my grandparents house then I'll finish the painting after that. I still need to get a trailer for it tho, and change up the inside its a big work in progress.

When I bought it.
IMG_20110616_075344.jpg

IMG_20110616_075358.jpg

IMG_20110616_100336.jpg

What looks like to be the outline of an old emblem
Starboard side
IMG_20110616_101649.jpg

Josh.

kind of looks like an old feathercraft i had, but not real sure that handle on the front is what is making me think this, was a real good boat :)

I dont no if thats it looked on google couldn't find anything close
the logo kind of looks like the paint file attached maybe it'll help
boatlogo.jpg

BossierBob said:
Yes it is an aluminum boat, I meant to ask what brand of boat it might be lol #-o

I know - I am just the resident wise ***. Give this a few days and i am sure someone here will figure it out for you.

yea thats usually how it is, im just hoping i dont run into any probs trying to get an hin issued for it anyone no how i would go about doin it or does it vary from state to state

BossierBob said:
yea thats usually how it is, im just hoping i dont run into any probs trying to get an hin issued for it anyone no how i would go about doin it or does it vary from state to state

It varies from State to State - please add your location to your profile and that will help us help you

oops srry, that might help just a little lol, i live in chesapeake, va
from what ive seen online it looks like ill have to contact my dpt of game/fisheries or marine police and have inspected, hopefully thats all that needs done. all i got when i bought the boat was a bill of sale, no title, no hin on the boat or any other signs of what make and year it is

Can you get a few more angles of the logo? I'm having a hard time making out a few letters because of the angle. I think I can make out a few letters but I need to be sure.

P.S. I run a sign shop, and one of my specialties is restoring old logos ;) I MIGHT be able to help if I can figure out who made it.