Where can I find an Alumacraft Jon boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhuff2010

Reaction score
I have been looking for an Alumacraft 1542 Jon boat for around 2 months now. I live in south central Pennsylvania and I am having the hardest time finding anyone local that carries that model. Some could get it but would charge ridiculous amount to get one shipped to them. The dealerships and craigslist has nothing that I am looking for. I was just wondering if anyone knows of a local dealer that has the 1542 and at decent price. I would be willing to make road trip but not all the way across country of course. Thanks everyone for the help.

I got mine at Academy sports and outdoors. for $999.00 The nearest Alumacraft dealer wanted $1400.00 for it.

On the Academy website they list the 1540 and have a pic of a 1540 (the boat with a standard rear bench and not the boat with the rear bench with the extended floatation deck).........When I was on the Alumacraft Website I noticed that thier is no such thing as the 1540...It gets better though....Although they list a 1542 on thier website, the stupid computer sketch they use to depict it is not the actual model. The sketch is of the same thing that Academy sports has a pic of. An older 1540.

I was at the local Alumacraft dealer www.bigboysplaytoys.com and saw that the 1542 did in fact exist, and that it was similar in design to the tracker 1542 with the rear bench design. I believe the Alumacraft is a better boat becuause of the .073 Aluminum used the the construction and the ribs go up the sides of the hull. The tracker uses .053 Alum and the ribs only are on the floor.

With this info I went to Academy sports and made them take me in the back to see the so called 1540. Sure enough it was the one I saw that the dealer...A 1542 and not the one on thier picture or the one on the Alumacraft website. You can check my build here....
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17299&hilit=swamp+sled

edsmarinesuperstore.com was helpful with me when i had a bunch o fquestions reguarding buying one last year. i ended up coming across a deal on my grizzly i couldnt pass up. i have heard mixed reviews on them, but have a friend that hasnt had any problems with them when i bought an offshore boat from them.

Latest posts