What kind of boat is this? It's my first boat ever!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommy36597

Reaction score
Sorry in advance for the long post.

Hi everyone, first let me say this is a great forum. This past weekend I purchased my first boat ever. I'm pretty excited. For the past few days I've been lurking around here reading every post I can. I went through every post in the Jon and V Boat section looking for ideas and will be customizing my boat soon. Now I have a few questions but don't know if I posted this in the right section.

I bought the boat and trolly motor for $300. Did I get ripped off? It looks to be in pretty good condition. The guy I got it from took really good care of it. The paper I got from him said it's a 12 feet, from Sears, and was bought around 1968. However, when I measured it from the top, from end to tip it was about 13 1/2 feet. Like I said, it's my first boat so maybe you're supposed to measure from the bottom. I don't know.

Can anyone tell me what the model is? I'd like to research it but don't have any information. The sticker that tells how much weight and type of motor it can handle is gone. That's one of the most important things for me since I'm a big guy.

For some reason I couldn't get the pictures to upload here but here is a link to them on my photobucket. The first picture is how it looked before I took the decal strip off of it. I want to reseal everything and paint it so I took it off. Any information about it would be greatly appreciated. I'll make sure to post more pictures as I make more modifications.

Photos of my boat:
https://s1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee399/tommysnewboat/

Thanks again in advance.

Welcome to the site!

I don't know anything about your boat but $300 isn't much money anymore so it looks like a great deal to me!

are there #s on the registration to compare to the boat #s? Most 12ft boats are a bit less than 12ft. sounds more like a 14ft. Regardless, the boat looks like a great deal for $300 by itself, the motor is icing on the cake.

First off...welcome to TinBoats. Happy to have you here.

I can't see your picture (photobucket is blocked where I work) so I can't offer any info on it.

Also, here's a tutorial on posting pictures. Hopefully this will help.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3664

Latest posts