Searching for shade ...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badbagger

Reaction score
In our quest for shade on our G3 Center Console we've come up with two options. The Florida sun is flat out brutal at times and we need something.
Option one is the umbrella ez mount. The mount attaches to the base of your seat and you use a golf umbrella etc. Option two is the Pro-Techt Mantis which appears to be well made but very costly.

Photos of the boat and two mounts etc attached.

Can anyone give me any input on either of these and or suggestions? I thought about a t-top but that won't put a cover over our heads on both front and rear seats so it doesn't make much sense nor does a bimini top.

Any input, comments or suggestions appreciated. The Mantis runs about $225 or up to $300. The ez mount is ONLY the mount for about $100 shipped then you need a good sturdy umbrella.

G3-Boat-011.jpg

Pro-Techt Mantis
get-file.jpg

Umbrella EZ Mount
41.jpg

you may want to try these to start with before dropping that kinda cash on either one of those in your original post.

https://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=76175&pdesc=Real_Shade_Boat_Seat_Umbrella_with_Bracket&aID=601B3&merchID=4006

The site wouldn't let me copy the pics from there to include here. But this seems better for 29.99 or you can get just the mount if you already have umbrellas laying around the house.

Here is just the mount only for 19.99

https://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=76176&pdesc=Additional_Bracket_for_Real_Shade_Boat_Seat_Umbrella&aID=601B3&merchID=4006

You can just about get a bimini to for that much money. More coverage and you can run (with limitations I'm sure) with it up.

There have been a few threads on here from people that have bought them from ebay I think and a decent price. Use the search engine and I'm sure you can find it.

Latest posts