good deal?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhuff2010

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have been looking into buying a boat and I found one that I think is pretty good deal but I dont know much about boats. The boat is a 2006 lowe roughneck 1652. It comes with a ez loader trailer. Some things that come with it are: lifevests, ship to shore radio, depth finder, 12 crabpots, 2 motors. One is a 50hp mercury that runs good and another is a 65hp mercury that needs carb work. The boat has livewell and built in gas tank. He is asking 3500$

Got a few pictures so you can check it out. Thanks everyone

Attachments

• 3k53m63p85T05U25P2b6h02e94e872d171e6b.jpg
    3k53m63p85T05U25P2b6h02e94e872d171e6b.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 572
  • 3ka3m73l05Y05V55Z6b6h52805e82a26f118e.jpg
    3ka3m73l05Y05V55Z6b6h52805e82a26f118e.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 572
The deal is good, for sure. Not sure if it's great, depends on your area.

I would definitely try and haggle, but that's me.

Looks like a bunch of mismatched parts to me. The boat is nice and newer. The motor is from the 70's. The trailer looks like it would be better suited for a pair of jet skis.
I would not buy it. That rig probably wouldn't sell for more then $2K around here but every area is different.

Parts for those mercurys are hard to find as well most of them are NLA and the ones that aren't are costly to say the least.

Parts for those mercurys are hard to find as well most of them are NLA and the ones that aren't are costly to say the least.

False statement. [-X

I own both motors & parts are readily available.If compression is good those motors last forever.The only thing that's a little tricky is trouble shooting the electrical if your not familiar with it.

That rig probably wouldn't sell for more then $2K around here but every area is different.

I agree that the price seems a little high.

crazymanme2 said:

False statement. [-X

I own both motors & parts are readily available.If compression is good those motors last forever.The only thing that's a little tricky is trouble shooting the electrical if your not familiar with it.

That rig probably wouldn't sell for more then $2K around here but every area is different.

I agree that the price seems a little high.

Just my observation with the one that I owned call it whatever you like...

It is hard to tell from the picture but depending on the trailer, you may be able to adjust the winch stand, but I agree that the price is high. I would pay more than 2200 for that rig.

Do a lot of research. I paid way too much for my first boat. I was just to excited and wanted to go fishing! I'm on my fourth boat now and trying to take things slower, although I almost used the plastic to buy a brand new four stroke today, but common sense prevailed. :roll:

Latest posts