You might call this a "dumb" question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirbeigealot

Reaction score
I bought a new plug for my aluminum boat.
Does the plug install from inside the boat, or outside?
I forgot how the old one was... :oops:

I have mine on the inside. If you are fishing around brushpiles and stuff above the water it could get knocked off.

If you have a choice.......Worst case, if you forgot it, and launched the boat, were would u like to be putting it in from, as you saw the water coming in?........I'd pick inside.....lol........

Mines on the inside, and a cord tying it to the transom so it doesn't grow legs and walk..... :)

And for the record...there is no such thing as a dumb question....... :LOL2:

I went fishing with a buddy of mine years ago, and it was the first time I'd never been in his rig, and when we got to the ramp he asked me to put the plug in the boat. Tried and tried, and finally I told him the @!#$ plug doesn't fit. He hollered back to me that it went in from the inside. Lesson learned. Some boats are different, and his was tapered to only accept the boat plug from the inside. Mine only goes in from outside the boat.

Outside for me. My buddies always give me crap about it getting ripped out but I have not had any problems so far and that plug is pretty firmly in there.

I'm not being a smart... but I have 2 drain holes.
1,I can reach from the inside so it's there...the other is only acessable from the back(outside).
I don't have a bildge pump,so the 1 in the inside is great if I get alot of water in the boat(rain).I just pull when I get going and the water will drain.