18 Tracker Grizly vs Weldbilt jon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotshotinn

Reaction score
1860 Tracker or 1852 Weldilt.
If I was to buy a Weldbilt it would be a 52 inch flloor over the 60 of the Tracker Grizly

Tracker is sold here local but the Weldbilt I would have to drive to to get it.

Who makes the best out of the two?

Weldbuilt over the Tracker. Depending on $$$ difference. If its only a couple hundred bucks I'd go for the Weldbuilt.

If its more than a $500.00 difference I would personally go with the Tracker. Just me. Wider and Cheaper outweighs quality haha. The tracker is plenty tough for what I would do with it!

Not trying to influence anyone here on where or how they spend their money that is their choice. Both me and my son have weldbilt boats; his is an 1870 rigged for bow-fishing and mine is a 12-42 rigged for whatever I want to do. I use mine in the swamps of Santee and in the creeks and inlets on the coast flounder fishing. Mine has an 18 hp 4-stroke Nissan and his has a 90- optimax with a 6-hp kicker; these come standard with 80-ths. welded hull and his is 100-ths. These are tuff-boats and we have been pleased with quality and performance, plus the way Jeremy and Andy treat people. My sons boat can be seen at Backwoods Landing website; it is the one with the 64-lb catfish. Hope this may help, and good luck and tight lines! 8)

My first jon boat was a Weldbilt modified vee 15 foot (14' 8" or 14' 10"). Had a nagging problem with the front deck. There were not enough braces/support underneath and it made the perfect noise for scaring off fish. The noise was deaden a bit when I carpeted the boat, but had to watch which area I stepped when close to my fishing spot. I took the boat back to the shop in Arkansas where it was made to see if they would correct the problem. They said they couldn't. That didn't set well with me after making the long drive. Welbilt welded a sloppy mount for my trolling motor that was an eye-sore. Other than those two main items, the boat was fine. I enjoyed fishing out of it. I sold it to my father as a second boat to his bass boat. He knew about my concerns/grievances, but it wasn't a concern to him.

I just purchased a Tracker Grizzly 1754 jon. It hasn't even been in the water yet, so I can't speak specifics yet other than I really like the boat. After dealing directly with Weldbilt, I didn't want to go there again. However, to Weldbilt's credit, most folks who own them love them, I however, couldn't deal with another loud casting deck. With the option to purchase either, I chose the Tracker Grizzly Jon on my second round.

Good luck with your choice.

FlyBye

this will be a tuff choice between the boats and I need a good boat.Weldbilt give more choices as to layout over the tracker.I allso been looking at Blazer Sport jet boats and i hear good things about them too.I would have to drive to get a Blazer to though.I am not in a hurry

I have run and now run a grizzly! There good boats. Alot of people that you use that break welds and what not ive found out run them passed what they were made for. Just because they are welded doesnt mean there bullet proof. I started not wanting a grizzly because of alot of talk about how they were horrible and they arent worth it. If you dont use it to mud run or on rock shoals and you use it for its purpose such as fishing and hunting youll be fine. I run my grizzly on the side of the rivers in mississippi when the river is down and i drag it up the bank and tie it up. It works great and havent had a problem sense. Like I said I dont recommend running over a beaver dam or in mud or rocks with it though.

As for the weldbilt ive never fished one. Heard they were good. Never looked into them that deep to really want one. Plus grizzlys are by the ton down in the south with bass pro shops(thats new not used)

As for a blazer the jet guys love them! They are sweet boats thats for sure. I would love to get a blazer. Im not sure the price of a blazer though.

Like reedjj said if its a big price I would go with a grizzly. If I was to go with any and the grizzly was close by that would be my choice.

Depends where you live though. I found out while looking for a boat builder that you can get a custom rig sometimes cheaper or dang close to a grizzly depending on where you live.

Latest posts