Carriage Bolt Size on Versa Track System?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyBye

Reaction score
What size carriage bolts (not length, but nut size {square width} to fit into the groove) do you use on your Tracker Grizzly Versa Track for accessories? Want to make sure I get a tight fit.

Thanks,
FlyBye

I don't remember the size, but the ones i used had to be ground down a little bit to fit snug. I could find too big or too small.

I think that whole versa track system was a good idea, but there really aren't accessories readily available. I wound up making my own.

kkrueger said:
...I wound up making my own.

That's what I'm planning. Just need to find out the size so I won't have to make multiple trips to Lowes.

Here are a few photos I found on the web some time ago, but I can't remember where. It might have been on this site, but I haven't been able to find it using the "search option".

Attachments

• Versa Track 01.jpeg
    Versa Track 01.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 9,936
  • Versa Track 02.jpeg
    Versa Track 02.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 9,936
I did the same with my crestliner liner boat,same track.
Used stainless bolts,ground down to make them look more like a T.
Fit them in then twist.

bobberboy said:
I believe they're 1/4"x20

Thanks,

I'll run down to Lowes this weekend and get some. I can't wait to put a few accessories on the boat.

FlyBye

i have some in my garage i will look when i go back outside. i think they are 1/4" the ones i got at lowes fit well. i think i used SS ones.

I appreciate the info on the carriage bolt size; y'all have reduced my trips to Lowes down to one! It is 1/4 of an inch.

Thanks,
FlyBye

lovedr79 said:
awesome! now we just need someone to make some affordable accessories for the versa track

Stand by...... I just "discovered" that feature on my new AlumaCraft. I have already (in my mind) figured out how to mount the Bimini and be able to slide it the full length of the boat, complete with the tension attachment points. More to come....

Latest posts