Bought a boat need some help.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay this is my first post. I am very glad i looked on this site before i bought a boat to give me an idea what i was getting into and what i want to do. I want to do a full project on it. I found a boat for sale and got a good deal on it. The boat doesn't have any CF numbers on it which is not a big deal. While looking for the HIN numbers the only ones i found were in the back on the right side. These numbers are 9120453. The problem is i have looked at many sites and none of the HIN's online are like this number. The number is engraved in and not on a placard. I looked at the tongue and it says "Valco". So im assuming it is a valco boat but i dont know what year it is. Anyone know where i can go to look this up? or anyone with similar HIN?
Thank you for your help
Travis

Jay D said:
What does the title say the year is?
Depending where he lives and the size of the boat, it may not have a title. Here in OH, boats under 14' are not titled, nor are motors under 10hp and we dont have titles for trailers except large commercial trailers.

The number you found is probably a serial number. Depending on the year it may not have a HIN number. I think the HIN numbers started around 1980. Here in OH, we just have to have them inspected and they will issue a HIN number. I would contact whoever handles boat registration in your state and ask them about it. Sorry I couldnt be of more help. I went through the same thing with my boat. Its frustrating when you cant find the info your looking for.

Some guy told me the first two letters are the year so your boat would be a 1991.
The first two letters on my boat are 92 and my boat is a 1992 model.

I didn't get a title with it. I am going to have to have a vin verification. Its not to big of a deal. I don't think it is a 91. It looks much older than that. I think it might be pre 72. That's when they started the HIN numbers.

Latest posts