Battery Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommy36597

Reaction score
I just bought a 13 1/2 foot aluminum boat with a 20 lb thrust trolling motor on it. Will an Everlast Marine battery work on it. The selection number is 91 and the cranking amps are 625. The part number is 24ms-6. I have no clue what this all means. PLEASE HELP. Any information would be appreciated.

How long could I run the motor on it? Should I go bigger? I found it at the local Walmart for $55. Is it good? Bad? Or just too cheap of a battery?

From my understanding you want to look for reserve time. CCA won’t matter on an electric motor. The more reserve capacity you have the longer you will be able to run your motor between charges.

You need a deep cycle battery.
That one might work for awhile but it's life will be short lived.
In the long run it would be better to spend abit more on a deep cycle($80ish)and get one thats meant to be charged often.
Wallmart ones are fine,the more Ah's the better or longer you can fish.

Last year I was only using a 28lb trolling motor on my 14' semi-v. I had a smaller (read that as cheaper) deep cycle battery, 600 amp hours I believe. It usually worked ok, but on windy days it would drain quickly b/c of how bad my light boat drifts. Found myself paddling back to the ramp more than once. I got tired of that and spent the extra $ for a larger battery, 750 amp hours I believe. Now I can fish for 12 hours or more on windy days without the battery showing any signs of being weak. That's also with a new 45lb trolling motor.

I'd say go ahead and spend the extra 20 or 30 bucks and get a better battery.

you want to look for a size 27 or 29 deep cycle battery look at the reserve mins the higher the number the better.

Latest posts