Bilge

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gajet31

Reaction score
Ok, so I just spent the last 8 hours working on the boat, and let me tell you, it can sure be a pain in the rear. I rewired my rig from front to back, and installed a newer and nicer bilge. My old pump was 250 gph, my new one is a rule 1500. After wiring it up, I went to attach a hose but the old system did not work on my new bilge. I had a standard 1/2 hose that went through a 90 degree elbow and attached to the old bilge with a standard female threaded adapter, the old bilge had a male threaded adapter. My new Rule has a large 3/4 inch nossle, but its not threaded, its meant for a hose to be slid over and used with a hose clamp. I really don't want to replace my old hose and go through that process. Any ideas?

I think my best bet is to buy a small length of 3/4 inch hose (is that possible?) and attach it to the bilge. Then run it through a 3/4 to 1/2 elbow. There I could attach my old hose and run the water out the boat. But standard PVC pipe is measured by inside diameter (I believe), so I don't know if it would work like I'm imagining. I know there must be 100's of people with the Rule pumps on here, what did yall do? If I could find a 3/4 inch hose that won't kink when bent at 90degrees, I could just use that.

Thanks

if you cut the hose size down it will reduce the outbut of your motor and may shorten life of the motor. I would take the time and doit right and run new 3/4 lines for the pump

I found myself in the same shoes as you. The thru-hull port on mine was too small and I didn't feel like messing with it so I just bought a 90 that matched the ID of the hose and secured it to one on my steering lines. I was going to go back and fix it right but I never have. I works good.

Decided to just change out the old hose for the new one. Even if I did a conversion from the old size to the new size, it would have been messy. I found bilge pump hose, the type that is ribbed and can bend at any angle from West Marine for around 2.50 a foot. Not bad at all.

Latest posts