Boat stability

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishingmich

Reaction score
Anyone with a 1542 (Alumacraft, Tracker or any others) have a problem with stability issues? I have a 14' Starcraft V with a 63" beam am thinking about getting a Tracker 1542 jon. My boat is pretty stable and I don't want to give up the stablity I have for something less. I really like the jons but I'm just not sure. HELP!!!!!! [-o<

fishingmich said:
Anyone with a 1542 (Alumacraft, Tracker or any others) have a problem with stability issues? I have a 14' Starcraft V with a 63" beam am thinking about getting a Tracker 1542 jon. My boat is pretty stable and I don't want to give up the stablity I have for something less. I really like the jons but I'm just not sure. HELP!!!!!! [-o<

I can't speak specifically to that boat, but it should be fine. The bigger the better. I guess it also depends on how big you are?

I had a 1542 Duracraft mod-v. I wanted more stability and room, and went to a 1648 mod-v. I can tell you, it made a world of diference. If your current boat is a full v bottom, and you're wanting a more flat bottom style, the 1542 will be better. Just kind of depends on what type of water you're using it on too. Your current boat will slice through the water better than a flat or mod-v will. If you have the money to spend, my advice is go with as big as you can afford, you won't ever complain about having too much room or storage.

Skidz

Im a pretty big guy. 6'7" 330 lbs. My buddy bought a 1648 Lowe and its ba! I stood on the gunnel with my feet hanging over the edgeand it didnt seem to move at all. Guess I already knew the answer, just wanted to hear it from someone else.

Big dude, I think it depends on the boats weight and width more than just the width. My mod V 1548 is a bit tipsy but it only drafts 4" of water loaded. A heavier boat will be more stable.

Jamie

I have a Tracker 1542 and it is very stable. I am 6' 2", 250 lbs and I can stand on the seats (including the bow seat) and fish comfortably. You will have no stability issues with this boat. Several members on this site have built casting decks on their Tracker 1542's.

Latest posts