New Guy from Ohio

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfgang4570

Reaction score
Hello All,

I just found this site and have really enjoyed it for the past few evenings. I don't even prentend that I have enough talent to create some of the outstanding looking rigs that I have seen here. I just pulled my boat out of storage in a friends barn after nearly seven years and I have some work to do before it goes back into the water.

The trailer needs new tires as the ones on it are badly weather checked and cracked and the bushings in the springs will need replaced as the old rubber ones are giving up the ghost. The bunks need replaced or at least have new carpet wrapped on them and the whole trailer needs to be stripped and repainted and rewired.

The critters have been kind of hard on everything. The boats seats have been chewed as well as some of the floatation for use as a nest. The deck is starting to come apart from age, weather and chewing. I hope to be able to get some info and pointers as I go along with this to get the boat ready to use again. My wife and I like to go out and fish but we really don't want to raise the deck or do any radical mods to the boat as we enjoy it like it is. Maybe put the battery up front and add some storage but that's about it.

The boat is a 1977 Star-Craft 16 footer with a deep transome and a twenty horse Merc long shaft 2 stroke tiller motor. Thanks to all of you for a really nice site and I look forward to visiting.

Wolfgang

Hey Wolfgang....welcome to TinBoats. It's great to have you on board. Where you from in Ohio? (you can actually put that in your profile too)

Would love to see some pictures of the before and after with your boat clean up. Besides...we love pictures.

If you have any questions....feel free to ask.

fender,
Sorry for the delay but our internet service was fouled up for a while. I live in the northern part of Ohio near Upper Sandusky about 50-60 miles south of Lake Erie. I already started cleaning out the mess and replaced the wheels and tires on the trailer along with a new set of wheel bearings and seals. I'll try and get some pictures of the boat and post them. I renewed the license and when I did I saw that the boat is a 1976 not 77 as I had posted before. I hope to get the wife out in it today is possible.

Wolfgang

No worries...I have plenty to keep me busy.

Hope you were able to get out. I wasn't. Had to replace a water heater in the house. :(

Welcome fellow Ohioian! :wink:

This site rocks when it comes to getting ideas & info on tin boats, and smaller outboards! =D>

hello, glad to see someone from my area. i'm from lndian lake area,have a 14ft. starcraft we redid last year. spend some time up near you at killdeer catching smallmouth.hope to see your boat when you get it done.