Lightening Strikes

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterboy

Reaction score
You're 45 mins from the launch and a summertime lightening storm is on top of you (WOW!) do you: 1. keep fishing? 2. Head back to the launch anyway? 3. Pull your boat to the nearest shore and wait the storm out? Been there done that.... I just went to the nearest shore and waited it out praying [-o< not to get the lightening strike!

Ever see a big tree fall into the water? I always figure a lightning strike might kill me, but a tree surely would and I've seen quite a few trees get blown over...

I tuck under a bridge.

Jamie

Ranchero50 said:
Ever see a big tree fall into the water? I always figure a lightning strike might kill me, but a tree surely would and I've seen quite a few trees get blown over...

I tuck under a bridge.

Jamie

I am with you there - trees are scary in a storm

first I put the rods down. put on the rainsuit then sit in the lowest part of the boat and wait it out. just had that happen a few weeks ago. could'nt believe how many guys were still fishing in thier alum. boats standing on the front and rear decks while lightning was coming down around us.

I normally head to the shoreline=trees.
Figure better there,then bobbing out in the open water.

I'm a wuss and have had trees get hit that were very close to me before.

Same as golf, when I see lightening, I head for the truck.

I might not get the boat out of the water if it is just a summer shower that will pass pretty quick, but I ain't gonna be sitting in that beer can during the storm.

spotco2 said:
I'm a wuss and have had trees get hit that were very close to me before.

Same as golf, when I see lightening, I head for the truck.

I might not get the boat out of the water if it is just a summer shower that will pass pretty quick, but I ain't gonna be sitting in that beer can during the storm.

Im with you bro, live to fish another day

if i cant outrun it or go around it i go to the trees! and have done so many times. i dont like being in a metal boat waving a fiberglass lightning rod around.

Latest posts