stick steer?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markt

Reaction score
I have a 1979 14 foot fisher marine that i am in the process of rebuilding. I would like to go with a stick steer on it mainly because of the width (36 inches). I'm not sure i would want to deck it because I'm scared it would be unstable with my fat butt in it! Does anyone have a recomendation of where to get a steering kit for a reasonable price?

Attachments

• 036.JPG
    036.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,374
eBay for price guides. It's not going to be cheap and I think you'll have ore trouble finding a 20hp with remote to power it.

Personally I'd gather parts for a larger boat and enjoy what you have as it is until you find a deal on something wider if not longer.
Jamie

It came with a 25 johnson tiller style and had a steering wheel but I want to convert it to a stick steer

Then it shouldn't be a big deal, just get the kit with the correct cable setup for your engine, fab the side boxes and mount it.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/14-Ezy-Glide-Stick-II-Steering-Model-840-New-BOX-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem43a82c95aeQQitemZ290584303022QQptZBoatQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesQ5fGear

teleflex stick steering kit. i have a tiller 9.8 on the rear of my 1442 with foward mounted stick steer and throttle control so i can operate from the front of the boat while in stump beds or shallow water works great would not want to get rid of it. very simple and efficient design i have mine bolted to a little bracket on one side of the front deck and the throttle control on the other side of the foward seatmy boat 024.jpgmy boat 049.jpg

Check out my older build, I put it on my 1648 Monark and loved it. I mainly fished alone, so it was perfect to even out the weight, pull up to a spot, jump on the deck and drop the bow mount motor.

p6210250.jpg

I like the idea of having it in the front of the boat, mainly beause i will do most of my fishing with my four year old and I think it would help to even out the weight

You can go online to A.K. McCallum in Fayetteville, NC. They do mail order. Stick steer is good to 70HP now. I'm thinking about it as well for a project. The thing I like is sitting up front where you can see and having all the controls right there.

Latest posts