What paint do I use after sandblasting my jon boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wittscott

Reaction score
Hey guys, just finished sandblasting my father's old 1950's Quichita Jon Boat and I was wondering what type of primer and paint I should use for the job. I have seen posts of folks using steelflex, but am unsure if it will work for me. Would appreciate some advise guys!

Wittscott

Why wouldnt steel flex work?

I also sand blasted my boat. I plan to steel flex the bottom and paint the sides. Use a self etching primer. I got mine at Wally World. Rustoleum brand. Its in the auto section not the paint department. After that you can paint it however you see fit. If you plan to use steel flex, my understanding is, you dont need to prime it first. It bonds to the bare aluminum just fine.

BTY, welcome to TinBoats!!

Welcome wittscott! Check out my build for steelflex info. I am very impressed with the product. Click the link below. Good luck

Express, thank you for the link to your mod.! Your MonArk looks awesome and I'go going to use your design for my boat-really tight!

Latest posts