Swamp People Boats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucescoflathead

Reaction score
I got hooked watching Swamp People. I love their boats. Can anyone tell me why Troy Laudry has a console on his? he has a big tiller Merc on it. Any thoughts? Todd

Troy seems like a good ole boy that dosnt need fancy new equipment to impress anyone so my thinking is that he bought a used boat that had a bad motor or no motor and put a tiller motor on it. Just a thought.

I too like the show. My Favorite is the good ole boy brothers. dont remember there names but they seem to truly enjoy life.

boat builders down here in south La are a dime a dozen. Not all know what they are doing but all try. lol Consoles double as wind/rain blocks too.

I like the show too. That would be a great way to live. Simple, but great.

I liked the episode where the brothers go get the cats off the limb lines. Thought it was funny that the one who was supposed to have fixed the motor just sat there while the other one paddled.

I can tell you Troy's boat is a custom made aluminum skiff. It's common to see those boats out in the swamp. Locally we refer to them as "commercial fisherman boats". If you saw the first season there was a guy who was building those aluminum boats.

His console makes for good bracing when standing up, much like those jon boats that have the bracing for their surface drive motors. Also, with those silver fin "jumping" carps making their way in our area his console serves as a guard against them jumping bags of cement.

I hate to admit...but those two brothers have the same boat I do... :oops:

Here's a link to Louisiana Sportsman classifieds. You'll see several skiffs that look like Troy's.

https://www.louisianasportsman.com/lpca/index.php?section=classifieds&event=view&action=list_ads&cat=BO&subcat=636

Isnt Junior the one that builds custom rigs in his shop? Pretty sure he was the one they showed building the boat in season 1.

I've been watching some of the episodes on youtube yesterday and today. Those skiffs sure can hold a lot more weight than my 1436 can :lol: I think I would kill myself with a 115 hp tiller setup though

Latest posts