Rivets

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huntley87

Reaction score
i was wondering if someone can please detail the steps i need to do to remove rivets in my boat so i can remove my center bench seat
thanks

Huntley87 said:
i was wondering if someone can please detail the steps i need to do to remove rivets in my boat so i can remove my center bench seat
thanks

You can either drill them out or cut them off with a grinder.

I just ground the heads off on mine and knocked them out with a hammer and punch. Just be careful not to get into the hull with the grinder.

On the same subject, I intend to remove my center bench seat. Instead of having the holes welded shut I would like to fill them with dome shaped rivets like what was used from the factory. Can anyone give me a crash course on the tools and process of installed rivets with the dome shape head?

Cubman, if you do a search, several people have posted step by steps of solid rivet instalation. Basically, you need an air hammer with a special bit (I just saw a homemade rivet bit in a thread the other day) and a bucking bar or other piece of heavy steel such as a hammer head.

Latest posts