Seat Reviews

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirbeigealot

Reaction score
I've spent alot of time looking for boat seats. There are so many out there, just wondering if anyone has any comments on seats that they have used.
I've seen all the seats at Bass Pro, been looking on E Bay, etc.
I sat in a few of them at Bass Pro.

I actually like this one the best, but my concern is that I think my thighs will push against the molded edges. https://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Padded-Folding-Molded-Boat-Seats/product/10205159/-1633990
Other than that, there are all the other padded seats by Wise, Attwood, etc.

The only other seat that has caught my eye is this one.
https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tempress-Boat-Seat-High-Back-All-Weather-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem27bc49eb44QQitemZ170662685508QQptZBoatQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesQ5fGear

Any reviews on these or others?

You are definitely on the right track.

The first ones you posted are hard to beat for the price. I had them on a small boat I had way back in the day.

Also, tempress makes a really nice product.

I currently have tempress low back navistyle seats on my 1660. They are by far the best seats I have ever had, and are all day comfort, great construction, etc. So nice, that when I sold my 1448 with a merc 25/20 jet, I did NOT sell the seats with it. I kept them for my new rig.

My friend just put the Tempress All weather seats on his, and while they are nice and comfy, they do NOT have any way to keep them closed while trailing them. My navistyle have a nice simple catch, that works great and the seats are a bit more plush than the all weathers.

Here you can see one of my navistyle (low back, which is PLENTY high for me) on my rig. Mines the bigger boat here, the other is my brothers 1542 with a 25/20 jet that I redid for him.

KKboats3.jpg

I have been eyeing this seat. For what its worth the customer service guy said they have never had one of these break.

I'm just having a time justifying the price. They also have some pro forms that are similar to what you posted only flatter on the bottom.

https://veada.com/product/22_7-Fishing-Boat-Seats/643--Large-Wide-Bass-Boat-Seat-Fishing-Seat.html

I used teh Overton Seats - high backs and the pedestal.

They make a great product and I think they are having a sale right now

https://search.overtons.com/?Ns=p_image_sort|1||p_purchased|1&Ne=1000&N=2080&cname=Boat-Seats

Oh, and the navistyle seats can be had for under 100$ a piece if you look around... and my local BPS (in harrsiburg) will price match!

parkerdog said:
I have been eyeing this seat. For what its worth the customer service guy said they have never had one of these break.

I'm just having a time justifying the price. They also have some pro forms that are similar to what you posted only flatter on the bottom.

https://veada.com/product/22_7-Fishing-Boat-Seats/643--Large-Wide-Bass-Boat-Seat-Fishing-Seat.html

Those pro forms look nice.

korywithak said:
Oh, and the navistyle seats can be had for under 100$ a piece if you look around... and my local BPS (in harrsiburg) will price match!

My local Bass Pro was holding two Nivistyles for me at 119.00 each...I chickened out

Captain Ahab said:
I used teh Overton Seats - high backs and the pedestal.

They make a great product and I think they are having a sale right now

https://search.overtons.com/?Ns=p_image_sort|1||p_purchased|1&Ne=1000&N=2080&cname=Boat-Seats

Thanks, I'll check it out

sirbeigealot said:
korywithak said:

My local Bass Pro was holding two Nivistyles for me at 119.00 each...I chickened out

DONT CHICKEN OUT, best seat EVA!

I know its a fair amount of money, but well worth it.

And I had BPS price match mine at 89$ each.... :)

Go for it!

korywithak said:
sirbeigealot said:
korywithak said:

DONT CHICKEN OUT, best seat EVA!

I know its a fair amount of money, but well worth it.

And I had BPS price match mine at 89$ each.... :)

Go for it!

Maybe I can convince my wife to get em today if they're still around, unless I can find em cheaper online.
So if you go with Tempress, you gotta make sure it's the Navistyle, not the all weather?

Like I said, the all weathers are nice, and comfy, but not as comfy or plush as the navistyle.

The biggest thing is there is no way to secure them closed for travel/rough water etc.

If thats not a concern for you, or you want to bungee them down or something, they are also nice.

I bought the Tempress seats you posted in the original post. I got them on sale at BPS. They usually go on sale 4 times a year.

My question is, does anyone know of a good comfy seat that you can strap down, that has a little lean backwards to it? Mine seem to sit too far pitched forward and by the end of the day, my back hurts....

Jeff

I have the Navistyles on my rig, got them after seeing Kory's. Buy them, even at $120 each, the seats will make you either love or hate the experience. As said they are self latching, very comfortable and very stout too. For tilt back, these don't bother me nearly as much as the Wise seats I had before (green with the bass embossed in them), they were two hour seats if that. Of course a couple washers between the seat and mount will kick it back a bit. The Tempress are nicer than the OEM Ranger seats in my buddies '01 Cherokee.

Jamie

Ranchero50 said:
I have the Navistyles on my rig, got them after seeing Kory's. Buy them, even at $120 each, the seats will make you either love or hate the experience. As said they are self latching, very comfortable and very stout too. For tilt back, these don't bother me nearly as much as the Wise seats I had before (green with the bass embossed in them), they were two hour seats if that. Of course a couple washers between the seat and mount will kick it back a bit. The Tempress are nicer than the OEM Ranger seats in my buddies '01 Cherokee.

Jamie

Do these seats have a slight lean back or are they straight up?
Some of the seats I sat on at Bass Pro were stiff and straight up.
It looks as if the low backs might be more comfortable than the highbacks.

jasper60103 said:
I've been using the ones you like at BassPro. They seem to work well for me...

SDC12193.jpg

I have four questions...

1)Do your legs push against the molded sides of the seats? Thats my only concern with these seats.

2)Do you ever move your seats around using the clamp ons, or would you feel comfortable using the permanent swivel.

3) Is that the best spot for you to steer?

4) Was it worth it to remove the center bench, and how did you do it...I know there are other posts on the site regarding this.

sirbeigealot said:
Ranchero50 said:

Jamie

Do these seats have a slight lean back or are they straight up?
Some of the seats I sat on at Bass Pro were stiff and straight up.
It looks as if the low backs might be more comfortable than the highbacks.

Mine are the lowbacks. The seat ends about 3-4" below my shoulderblades so I can lean back without issue. If anything they help my posture because they help keep my lower back straight instead of slouched. I get lower back fatigue and these seats made a huge different.

Heck, if anything see what the return policy is at BPS, go get one and mount it and sit in it for a while. Trust me, you'll know within five minutes if the seat is going to fit you or not.

Latest posts