Help with trolling motor mounting

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spg

Reaction score
Here's the problem. I have a 14 foot semi v boat that has a short transom. The way the transom is designed is that the middle of the transom where the gas motor sits is approx. 5 inches below the sides that curve up to the edge of handles. With the gas motor mounted on the transom there is not enough room for a trolling motor. Dont want to mount the tm in the front since I do all may trolling from the back of the boat. Is it possible to build the transom up the 5 inches to make it straight across the stern so that I can mount both motors at the same time? Should I add some metal on the back side of the transom or just leave it glued plywood? Would adding a steel plate to the inside strenghten the transom?

The transom now is 1 1/2 inches thick would an extra 1/2"-3/4" sheet of ply add enough strength to transom so that I could raise the gas motor (15hp) and have the tm mounted without putting undue stress on the transom??

Latest posts