Too rednecky?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkerdog

Reaction score
I've been thinking about making more storage in the boat but then I came up with this the other day. Had the deck box just sitting around and thought why not?

Can move it around to a different place if I need to and so far it hasn't been in the way and you can sit on it if you want. It holds all the life jackets and tackle boxes. My buddy has a 2 piece rod so he keeps his fishing pole in there as well.

You're talking about that big a$$ box right? Hell, I like it! If mine wasn't already kinda built, I'd probably do something like it. Can't say I've ever seen someone do it, but it keeps the boat uncluttered and you can move it to wherever you wanna sit. Looks good man.

I had that box sitting around, but I'm thinking one with a back on it like a bench would work even better for fishing when anchored.

Looks fine. I like the movable/removable storage idea, can take it out if not needed.

You could probably just use some 2X4's as uprights with a sheet of ply across the back, covered with some foam and vinyl for padding. If you put some big fender washers or aluminum plate on the inside of the box it shouldnt pull through if you lean on it. Well, it would work until you found one already made...

SVOMike86 said:
You could probably just use some 2X4's as uprights with a sheet of ply across the back, covered with some foam and vinyl for padding. If you put some big fender washers or aluminum plate on the inside of the box it shouldnt pull through if you lean on it. Well, it would work until you found one already made...

Picture is deceiving, it's a big box. if you tried sitting on top with a back on it your legs would be sticking out in front of you. It's probably 2.5 foot wide across the top.

Like it Man; no frills using boat; throw a cushion on top of it and keep on ridin'; that's the way we do it in S.C. =D> 8)

Latest posts