HELP ON IDENTIFYING THE BOATS YEAR, MAKE, AND MODEL

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STEELRZAHOLIC

Reaction score
I have a 16ft aluminum V-hull boat with a Johnson SeaHorse 10hp Motor(QD-13(1951-52)). I have not yet found a website that can help identify the Year, Make, and Model of this boat. I have found the boat's HIN(Hull Identification Number) on the back of the boat. If anyone can help me get this information for the boat would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for you time looking at this topic.

Attachments

• DSC00103.JPG
    DSC00103.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 436
  • DSC00067.JPG
    DSC00067.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 436
  • DSC00077.JPG
    DSC00077.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 436
The last two didgits of the HID should be the year of manufacture. The first two or three letters will give you the manufacturer. If you google hull identification number database you will get a list of sites that willl take give you the list to break the code and let you know the manufacturer of your boat.

Where would you be likely to find this number? I'm in the same predicament. Almost the same boat. Lol

My number was stamped at least 3 times on the back of the boats transom. I found the HIN on the inside of the transom at the top and bottom. And also on the top aluminum flange on the transom right on top where the motor sets.

Well I have discovered that it is a Otters Craft boat made out of Orgeon USA. I still cannot figure any year from which it was made. The Number is OTCP1022097243. From what a few sites tell me, the last numbers is the year from which it was made. I do not see this aluminum boat being manufactured in 1943. Thank you all for the information you have provided to get me to know now what I do about my boat.

Latest posts