capacity sticker/decal

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

overboard

Reaction score
hi guys. thanks for info posted on this site. I'm wandering how many of you have had a problem with the mylar capacity sticker on your boats? it seems that the ones that are on metal plates,and than attached to the boat hold up a lot better than the ones that are placed directly onto the painted surface,or another type of surface on the boat. I just purchased a "2006", 1654 FB GRIZZLY the sticker is almost shot,seems they should last longer than 5 years,under almost any conditions. boat mfg. wants $75 to replace, PA.fish& boat comm. sent me a new capacity plate (on metal backing plate) for $5.00. keep that in mind if your state issues these. I don't know what the difference is between a USCG capacity sticker, and one issued by the state,someone on here may know that. I'm not as fortunate as another member,who said the mfg. replaced his for free. that's called customer service. It seems that a lot of big companies don't know what that means anymore.

ITS THE SAME WITH DIRT BIKE AND ATV MFGS, THEY USED TO STAMP MODEL AND YR ,SER e INTO THE FRAMES NOW ITS PRINTED ON A STICKER THAT HOLDS UP REAL WELL TO PRESSURE WASHING AND MUD GETTING BLASTED ON IT (YEAH RIGHT) JUST ANOTHER WAY TO MAKE THEM CHEAPER AND WHO CARES WHAT HAPPENS AFTER IT LEAVES THE LOT. ITS A SHAME NO PRIDE IN WORKMANSHIP ANYMORE

it was like pulling teeth,but I did receive a new capacity decal from the mfg. someone down there had some sense. I guarantee the new one will be on a smooth metal plate and then attached to the hull. If that don't work I guess I'm S.O.L. hopefully by doing this it will last much longer than the origional. only time will tell, but at least they did send me one.

My last boat had one that was quickly demolished with acetone when doing some fiberglass work. My current (and Alum) boat doesn't have one at all. I still have not insured it yet, but plan too, so I'm not sure if I will have a problem there. Either way it should have one.

look under post-USCG plates on a boat. a lot of info. wish this would have been posted when I needed this info. it's there now. that's what these forums are all about! I got a letter from the USCG,but not with this type of information. I was under the impression that they had to be on,especially if being operated in waters under the juristiction of the USCG.

Latest posts