Recoating Harbercraft 14 interior

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abatis

Reaction score
I just picked up a 1984 Harbercraft 14ft with trailer and a nice running little Merc 7.5HP motor. The boat was stored uncovered and the sun has beat the coating on the interior. Any suggestions for a coating/paint on the interior? Are there any good non-slip surfaces you can apply yourself? A couple of photos of the boat.

blogentry-626-1311356221.jpg

blogentry-626-1311356210.jpg

I USED TUFF COAT FROM CABELAS REALY LIKE IT, LOOKS NICE AND IS NON SLIP, ALSO KEEPS DOWN ON NOISE

I used Rustoleum primer and paint for the inside of the hull. I made wooden floors and used outdoor non slip porch paint. It's holding up well after a few trips on the water.

Thanks for the suggestions. I ordered the Overton Tuffcoat. Any opinion on installing the Tuffcoat on the bench seat tops? Currently they are coated aluminum. I know I want to do the floor and sidewalls but not sure how comfortable theTuffcoat is to sit on on until I figure out the seats.

Attachments

• harber14merc (Mobile).jpg
    harber14merc (Mobile).jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 522
abatis said:
Thanks for the suggestions. I ordered the Overton Tuffcoat. Any opinion on installing the Tuffcoat on the bench seat tops? Currently they are coated aluminum. I know I want to do the floor and sidewalls but not sure how comfortable theTuffcoat is to sit on on until I figure out the seats.
I HAVE STOOD ON IT BAREFOOT IN MY BOAT WITH NO PROB. BUT IM SURE IF YOU TRIED TO SHIMMY ON THE SEAT A LIL YOUD END UP WITH ONE HELL OF A WEDGIE!!! :LOL2:

I have been pressure washing the interior to get ready for the Tuffocat. Not bad so far but some work to go. I do have a question on the transom. Is the extra wood piece (arrow)for a trolling motor. I see no other reason for it. It does have two bolts through the hull so I may not replace it.

Attachments

• IMG_1045 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1045 (Medium).JPG
    56 KB · Views: 481
  • transom (Medium).JPG
    transom (Medium).JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 481
Seems like it would be too close to the main motor if it was for a trolling motor, unless the main motor was really teenie. I removed a lot of stuff on the inside of my aluminum boat that was attached to the hull. I stuck the bolts back in the holes with some 3M 5200 sealant and ground down the protruding bolts on the inside just at the top of the nuts.

Latest posts