Bowfishing boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is plenty wide and stable enough to put a shooting deck on. Is it 48" wide on the floor and 54" at the rails. 1448 is a pretty common size for a boat but other than a few manufacturers like Weldbuilt, Redneck, and a couple others I have never heard of a 1454. Polarkraf measures them at the beam and not the floor I think???

Anyway you should be fine. Keep the deck low maybe just a couple inches above the rails at the most.

With a boat that size you might want to stick with a tiller motor just to save room.

Pics would really help.

That boat should be fine! Thats a common side and width for a starter rig and it sounds good.

As for the deck some people go for a raised deck but I like a flush deck or you can do like me and use the existing deck. I hav a grizzly and i extended the deck with a gun storage box to make it longer but thats all. Im mounting my lights on the gunnels so they can be taken off to go fishing.

If your looking for a cheap set up I would run 3-4 500 watt halo lights with 225-250 bulbs from hope depot or lowes. I think i read lowes has them for 9.00 for the 500 watt halo lights. Im going to just run the 500 watt lights on mine with the regular bulbs.

Then go get a champion genny from tractor supply for 299 in the 3500/4000 range and youll be good. If you want to run your troller on the genny you can get an iota plug for it and then no batterys are needed at all.

Its a cheap easy setup that you can use for years to come. The bulbs on the halos are cheap so if you break one then its not going to make your wallet lighter.

Be prepared once you start bow fishing and rigging out your boat your going to want to do more!

If you want though you can put a deck on the front that is raised 2-3 inchs to get the lights up higher but I wouldn't really worry to much about it!

Just get out there and stick some fish!

Latest posts