Back on the water, with a little advice....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish Chris

Reaction score
Well, I fished less this last Winter than I ever have, and here's why....

As it turns out, my motor had blown a water jacket gasket, probably sometime way back last Summer. "But it still ran great" ! In fact, I had no idea, until the throttle started sticking, late last Fall. So, one day I take the canopy off with it still running, and holy @#$#$ ! The top of my motor was filling up like a bathtub ! (and probably had been for months, every time I ran the darn thing ! I have some evidence of that, but thats another whole story).
Anyway, by the time I figured this out, the external parts (spring, levers pins, etc) of my carburator were rusting, and sticky.... plus the carb had been sucking in water spray for so long, it messed up the low jets :-(

Getting the water jacket gasket replaced was a peice of cake (and under warranty) but by now, the motor was finally starting to idle like crap :-(

So, the marine shop ordered me a brand spanking new carburator.... and under warranty too ! Cool ! Too bad it was the wrong one :-( Then the shop had a 2 week Christmas break..... Then they ordered the right one, and put it on......
But then I had to move ! (I hate moving... but love my new home)

Finally got my boat on the water last week.... and after a few idle speed and throttle position adjustments, she is running like a top :) I'm actually talking to her, and rubbing on her again ;-) LOL

What a bunch of garbage that all was ! I am just SOOOO ready to go stick some trophy bass now ! In fact, I'm leaving to go to "the best" trophy Smallmouth lake anywhere on the planet (currently) in less than an hour :) Whooo Hooo ! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh..... So the advice is, even if your motor is running great, take off the canopy every now and again, with the motor running, and make sure you have no water, oil, or gas leaks.

Keep em' running, and stick a big one ! :)

Peace,
Fish

Thank you. It's nice to be back.

BTW, fishing was tough yesterday. Only got 1 fish.... but that 1 fish was a beautiful 6.2 lb Smallie :) Bigger ones soon !

109f94fe0.jpg

Peace,
Fish

**** that is one fat Smallie - nice fishy!

Where abouts (general location, like town and state) are you catching? Looks nice and warm wherever it is!

Fish Chris said:
Thank you. It's nice to be back.

BTW, fishing was tough yesterday. Only got 1 fish.... but that 1 fish was a beautiful 6.2 lb Smallie :) Bigger ones soon !

109f94fe0.jpg

Peace,
Fish

NICE!!! Glad to see that you got the motor running again!! That is an awesome fish right there!!

I'll tell you guys.... but shhhhhh..... their are guys in Nor Cal who might sink my boat for mentioning it. The lake is called Pardee, and its up here in Nor Cal. It has kicked out SOOO many 8 plus Smallies in the last 1 1/2 years its just rediculous (I dunno.... 30 of them ?) and 3 confirmed over 9 lbs, including our new state record of 9.7 lbs !

Only bad thing (for guys from other states) is that because of the big Quagga mussel scare, they are not allowing boats brought in from any other states, or even from So Cal. And tough inspections for local boats too. I just hope the place doesn't get shut down to boats completely !

Anyway, we expect a 10 plus Smallie from Pardee this year, and if ever a place had a shot at a new, all-tackle world record Smallmouth (11-15), this would be the place, in 1 to 2 years.

Peace,
Fish