A Couple Questions About Tracker 1542s

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trouble

Reaction score
I just bought a Tracker 1542, I'm not impressed with the paint. I picked it up on the 21st and the paint is already chipping :evil: has any other Tracker owners had problems with thier paint? Also I'm not sure I'm going to deck it or not, but I would like to put a couple of Pin Pedestals in it. My question is have any of you mounted a seat to the lid of the "Live Well" (more like a bait well)? I'm wandering if it would support someone sitting on it.

Trouble said:
...I'm not impressed with the paint. I picked it up on the 21st and the paint is already chipping... has any other Tracker owners had problems with thier paint?

I've got a little different Jon boat than you, but I'll share what the Springfield Bass Pro Tracker folks told me recently. They said they had to send back their entire 2011 Tracker Grizzly Jon boats with the "bear Hide" on it. It too was pealing and flaking off. They all had to be repainted. I'm not sure if they might have gotten a bad batch of paint or if they didn't etch or prime the aluminum correctly. So to answer your question, yes others have had problems with the 2011 paint on select Jons. Sorry yours is having issues. Depending on how much the paint is trying to relocate and how bad it is... I would at least ask them for some touch up paint in a can. Hope you can get it resolved.

FlyBye

I have had my tracker 1542 for a year this august, i love the way that it has preformed but my paint was not the best also. It didnt flake or chip unless i hit it on something it is very scratched up from where i fish in the local river and lake. I have recently purchased touch up paint from bass pro shops and it cost me $15. I have painted some of the rough spots and the paint that was on the boat has faded over the past year and the "touch up paint" is darker. other than the paint, the boat has done everything i need. I hope this helps.

As for the seat mounts, i have seen a jon boat with a removable mount on the livewell top. it seems pretty sturdey but i dont know if it would hold.

I love everything about this boat, but the durability of the paint. it's flaking off. I can chip it off with my thumbnail. As for the seat, I'm thinking about drilling a hole in the top of the livewell lid and mount the base of the Pin Pedestal to it. My thoughts are I can still access the livewell by removing the seat. My sons fish with me and I think if I deck the front it will make it uncomfortable for two or three of us to ride in.

I love my 1542. However, I have to agree wioth the other posters, the paint sucks. My boat had a few scratches on it when I picked it up. I complained and they gave me a $100 gift certificate. You should go back and complain to the person that sold you the boat. Since then I have added quite a few more scratches, but the fish don't seem to mind!

Ditto, probably be simpler to strip it and repaint it now vs. stripping layers of touch ups later...

For the seat post on the livewell I did it to my 1448, just added two 1"x.125" angle stringers for added support. The pics are in my build thread, somewhere in the middle. It worked out well, even with a 10" pin base in.

Jamie

Latest posts