Been here for awhile, lurking

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gus Nelson

Reaction score
I have a 14' 1974 Lund with side steering. i want to rebuild this boat and this has got to be the best site ever for modifying boats!!! Since the weather here is stifiling at the moment, i'm trying to track down how my boat may have begun its life. It is a 74 Lund with side steering. I think the middle bench seat may have been the walk thru kind. It has been modified through out its life and would like to know how it may have come from the factory. Im not trying to restore it, just want to know how it began and then figure out where I want to take it from there.

Attachments

• IMG_6148.JPG
    IMG_6148.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 526
Hey Gus....welcome to TinBoats. It's great to have you as part of the family. Looks like you've figured out we like pictures. Keep them coming during your mod. Also..where are you from? (you can complete your profile with this info too)
Again....welcome.

Thanks for the welcome. There are just so many great ideas on here that its hard to figure out what I want. I just want to get it stripped down for now and see what I have to work with. As soon as the heat breaks i'll get more serious about it. So far i've only removed the seats,steering pod, and the throttle control thing. Started to pull the carpet out Sunday but haven't got much further. I did discover that it has been decked twice. One deck screwed down on top of the other,so it should be fun getting them out.

That will get rid of alot of weight ,right there...
Welcome to the site.

Latest posts