Boat seat talk :o

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbw

Reaction score
Lets talk seats. I used the pin system in the rear cause I want to remove the seat when moving with outboard.

I thought hey lets use it for the front. I could remove the seat when putting a cover over the boat or when driving down the lake. Is this a good thought? Do you all ever remove the front seat?

I've adapted the seats that came in my boat they are okay.

My question is the post, I bought two of these "Springfield KingPin adjustable Ped Post. https://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/...1_22450_200004009_200000000_200004000_200-4-9

22 inches to 31 inches and its way too tall and it feels like junk. I don't think it will last so I'm going to return it tomorrow.

Any thoughts on another brand? I don't need adjustable now that I've tried one, I think a 15-18inch will work.

pbw,

I used to remove both pedastal seats on the Tracker and put them in the back seat of the truck whenever we were towing a long ways. Mostly to keep them from being stolen if we stopped to eat, get gas, etc.

The 3/4" pin-type Swivl-Eze brand posts are available at Walmart and BPS. I can't recall how long the posts were on mine, but the poles were seperate pieces, and the seat base itself had the 3/4" pin on the bottom that inserted into the top of the pole. WalMart/BPS also carries the Swivl-Eze seat base mounts with the 3/4" pin connector. What size/type of baseplate connector do you have mounted on the deck?

I have the non-adjustable extension,about 12" I think. I rarely use it but it seams stable. Ive seen alot of people complain about the newer pedistal bases. The new ones use a plastic bushing instead of brass,bronze or whatever the gold colored bushing like the old ones. You can still get the metal bushing type on ebay and maybe elsewhere. Ive been thinking about adding 2 more bases, to be able to center the rear seat and possably for the front. Saw lot of 4 on ebay for $28 +shipping. Should have got it.

I actually have an adjustable 13" king pin style pedestal made by Springfield..... But I never adjust it. Just leave it at 13". I thought I got it at BPS two years ago.... but went back recently to buy another, and only could find the one you linked to.

You might take a look at the Springfield website (I assume their is one)

Peace,
Fish

Latest posts