Transom Height

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well lets say the boat would be a Lund 1648 Jon. I will use the boat in both shallow water and in deeper. I'm wanting a good all around river boat. Cruising, Fishing, Hunting. I'm going to get a 25 HP 4 Stroke. Just not sure between a 15" or 20"?

mine is a short , but i only fish in protected waters every now and again i run into a big tug pushin a big wake in the intracostal so its not too bad .short shaft motor are a little lighter. that boat is rated for about a 50, if you ever decided to repower short shaft are arround .. kind of what you prefere and availabilty issue. if long shafs are more avalible in your area they might be cheaper than a short. waves over the tramsome is ,as far as i can tell , the only thing . ie bigger lakes bigger waves. i ve fished with short ones for pert near 45 years .

On some models, the 20" transom allows for larger hp motor and more weight capacity. Outside of the small increase in weight for the long shaft, see no other detractors. A 4 stroke tiller with one person, can even easily get the backwash to slop over a short transom.

Latest posts