Hey guys, long time lurker, 1st post. Need some assistance.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigchromedog

Reaction score
To make a long story very short.....I finally managed to get a small aluminum boat to get me off the shore during the week. I usually fish with my dad on the weekends and he has a boat.
I purchased a 14' 1965 Aerocraft with a 15hp 1977 Gamefisher motor.
Well, after fishing it a few times I think I would like to add flooring between the three seats so we have flat flooring to walk on. Nothing super or elaborate.
Now here is where I need the help.....
Outdoor Plywood - do I need to seal it with something?
Is it safe to cut it to shape and set it right down on top of the aluminum slats? Or do I need to add something so that there is no pressure on them?
I dont want to make it permanent, just something that I can lift out if need be.

Thanks in advance.

07232011112.jpg

I would use some cardboard to trace the profile of your ribs, then transfer that to some 2x4's to make supports for the wood flooring. 5/8 or 3/4" plywood is heavy so depending on the span between your ribs you may be able to run thinner stuff. It all depends on what you want and how long you want it to stick around. Seal the wood with paint, stain, or sealers and glue down some carpet, again it's all in what you want the boat to do, return on investment stuff.

Jamie

Latest posts