securing the battery?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackc3

Reaction score
Ok guys quick, ?
I have an older 12ft aluminium and I am trying to find
Out how to secure my battery down to the boat... I already had to replace the rear seat cause the battery bounced around to much...I am very much a newbie to this site.. so pls take ot easy on me...thanks would love to send pics but I am not sure how to post them...
Thanks...

does your boat have flooring over the aluminum? if so, buy yourself a battery box, and screw it down.
if not, i'd think your best bet is to rivet it down to the support braces inside the boat.
i've got mine screwed down to the wooden sub flooring i put in the bottom.

Go to Wal-Mart and get a battery box in the battery section, screw down a chunk of plywood across two ribs and use that to strap the box to.

Jamie

Ranchero50 said:
Go to Wal-Mart and get a battery box in the battery section, screw down a chunk of plywood across two ribs and use that to strap the box to.

Jamie

THIS!

Thanks guys... do u mean the the railing on the bottom of the boat.. it sticks up a little under an inch... I wish I knew how to post pics...It is ok to put a screw through it? I already have the battery box...

Pics are simple, go to photobucket, make an account and upload your pics, the click on the tab for web sites and it'll copy the HTML code, drop that code in the forum text box and your picture will apear.

I'm leary of recommending the plywood if you have an ancient jon boat without decent ribs. A pic would make for better advice.

Jamie

On that setup I would see what I could get to screw into the side of the seat on each side of the battery and run a strap around the battery to the seat.

Jamie

Latest posts