post guide ons PLEASE HELP!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-MAN

Reaction score
I am wanting to install some post guide ons on my jon boat trailer but im not sure if they will work. My trailers frame is 1" wide and 3" tall. Will the post guide ons have enough trailer to hold on to or will i have to make my trailer wider. Thanks in advanced any advice welcome

I guess it would depend on which kit you get.

Personally I don't like them, I load my boat with the bow rope, made a center walkway so I can walk down the axle. Used UHMW on bare pine 2x4 bunks and I just installed a pair of plastic barrel fenders.

Hoping to test the new setup tonight.

Jamie

After battling with mine in chest high waters in the fierce winds. I just installed some mini bunk trailer guides on my trailer. Looks like it will make loading a breeze. My trailer frame is 1 1/2" by 3" tall.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Boating/Boating-Trailer-Accessories/Guide-Ons-Bunks|/pc/104794380/c/104781780/sc/104366880/Cabelas-Mini-Bunk-Guide-Ons/700554.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fboating-boating-trailer-accessories-guide-ons-bunks%2F_%2FN-1100650&WTz_l=SEO%3Bcat104366880

i love mine ,used angle iron cut a little v out and bent and welded em . used u bolts to secure to trailer two on each side put a carpeted bunk its all good

Attachments

• P1070739.JPG
    P1070739.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 717
  • P5130055 - Copy.JPG
    P5130055 - Copy.JPG
    201.5 KB · Views: 717
Here's a set I made for a buddy with a Ranger Cherokee and a 90/65 jet because well, a jet don't steer so well and the PO took out the fender... Just added carpetted 2x4 bunks and it's worked out well vs. a 1500lb hull.

DSC06583.jpg

DSC06584.jpg

flatboat said:
i love mine ,used angle iron cut a little v out and bent and welded em . used u bolts to secure to trailer two on each side put a carpeted bunk its all good
whats the lil boat run with the 40 merc on it. the one with the jerry's sticker? i bet it not stock....lol
'

Thanks for the help everyone im still deciding on what to do right now on them

Latest posts