Easy, one man rivet installation

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jigngrub

Reaction score
Found this on youtube and will be using this method myself since there's never anyone around when I need to do some rivets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MA1-5NXjs&feature=related

those kind of rivets are always easy to do one man. solid rivets are the ones that are more difficult and usually take two people.

I have the same rivet squeezer used in the video that I bought on eBay. It costs a little more than the others but it's made very well and will do a great job on those 1/4" rivets and will even handle 1/4" stainless rivets. I liked the results so much that I replaced all of the 3/16 rivets that I removed during my refurb with those very same 1/4" closed-end pop rivets from Jay-Cee. I didn't use any epoxy since I intend to use Steelflex on the hull.

Mojo^ said:
I have the same rivet squeezer used in the video that I bought on eBay. It costs a little more than the others but it's made very well and will do a great job on those 1/4" rivets and will even handle 1/4" stainless rivets. I liked the results so much that I replaced all of the 3/16 rivets that I removed during my refurb with those very same 1/4" closed-end pop rivets from Jay-Cee. I didn't use any epoxy since I intend to use Steelflex on the hull.

How much did you pay for your rivet tool if you don't mind me asking? I've got the smaller one but I'm going to be getting the bigger heavy duty one for the 1/4". I think I'm just going to buy the one for $64 at Jay Cee's, they've got some for $35 at Amazon but I don't think they'll last (cheap).

jigngrub said:
Mojo^ said:

How much did you pay for your rivet tool if you don't mind me asking? I've got the smaller one but I'm going to be getting the bigger heavy duty one for the 1/4". I think I'm just going to buy the one for $64 at Jay Cee's, they've got some for $35 at Amazon but I don't think they'll last (cheap).

I think I paid around $40 (including shipping) on eBay. Looks like they have the same tool on amazon.com for about the same price. If this is the one you were looking at, it will certainly last. This is a well made tool.

https://www.amazon.com/Astro-Pneumatic-1423-13-Inch-Riveter/dp/B0039697ME

Latest posts