14ft semi-v, looking at one, lets talk expierences.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

200racing

Reaction score
there is a 14 44 monark semi-v hull and trailer for sale near me. im interest cause it seems like all the tinboats around here are flatbottom jons or trackerlike bassboats. i could probably get it for $250. it has a current sticker on it so i know it has a title and no registration issues.

the dream in my head is a mini CC bay boat,but then i read the when and when not to deck thread and it seems like semi-v or not highly thought of for decking. has any one decked one anyway?

max hp rating on it is 30hp any know what kind of speed it would have with a 30 on it?

how did/do you like your semi-v?

did you mod it and how did you like it afterwards?

V-hull or semi-v jonboat? I have a 14' V hull with the decks on top of the boat seats and it does great with my 9.9. I am looking for a 20-25 but they are scarce.

this is close.
BHBPHOTO129.JPG

mine is a Richline challenger 14' 58" across at the widest according to the brochure I have seen on this forum it can run up to a 35hp. One of the members here has one with a 25 hp on his. A guy I know local says his sea nymph 14' with a 25 and he says it does 25+ mph with him in it. My 9.9 hp pushes my 14' at 12 mph by myself and 8 mph with a adult and 1-2 kids, no speed demon thats for sure hence I want a 20-25hp. I would'nt go higher than a deck on the boat seats with pedestal seats on top on that. A bay boat I don't know about but rough water in anything can be a challenge if you don't play it smart.

I had a 25hp merc on my 14 footer Gruman and it went 32mph will just me. To scary fast for the little boat. Thought I was in a bass boat skipping across the water.

If you read the ad it says they used a 60 hp and only got 10 mph and 13 mph. Something isn't right there. misprint?

If you removed the center seat and decked it out it would be ok. The only problems with semi-v's are when you stand in the bow on a raised platform it will get tippy. If it has the motor and trailer with the boat. GRAB IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spg said:
If you read the ad it says they used a 60 hp and only got 10 mph and 13 mph. Something isn't right there. misprint?

I think that might be the model number, probably a 6 HP.

Latest posts