1999 G3 v12 15hp Mercury

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freedomfightr

Reaction score
Wassup fellow boaters! I have been cruising this forum for a month or two looking and gawking at all your boat builds. Well I recently purchased my first Boat about 2-3 weeks ago. Its a 1999 G3 v12 with a 2001 Mercury 15hp. I plan on re-decking the front making a floor and putting storage inside the bench seats. I also plan on getting a foot controlled trolling motor. This site has been an inspiration.

Attachments

• IMG_0159.JPG
    IMG_0159.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 961
Welcome to the site! Thats a sweet little boat and should fly with that motor. Pics are paramount here, so keep them coming, and any help you need I'm sure you'll get it.

Freedomfightr said:
Wassup fellow boaters! I have been cruising this forum for a month or two looking and gawking at all your boat builds. Well I recently purchased my first Boat about 2-3 weeks ago. Its a 1999 G3 v12 with a 2001 Mercury 15hp. I plan on re-decking the front making a floor and putting storage inside the bench seats. I also plan on getting a foot controlled trolling motor. This site has been an inspiration.

I strongly recommend against the storage in the bench seats! This is where your floatation foam is and you'll have to remove the foam for the storage... not good!

If you have to frame up for a floor I suggest using aluminum angle instead of wood, it'll be lighter and weight really adds up fast in a small boat.

Instead of a foot controlled trolling motor, you may want to look at the new wireless models. They're really nice because you can run them from anywhere in the boat and you're not a slave to the foot peday and front seat.

That's a sweet boat and I know you'll get many hours of enjoyment out of it!

Thanks for the input. After giving it some thought the more storage you make the more crap you bring with you. I wanna keep it down to the bare necessity's. I would like to add a livewell at some point. I mainly catch and release but I do keep fish once and awhile. I'm thinking making one out of a cooler is the best choice. To bad they dont make one that folds away. All in all, I'm enjoying my new boat. Not as fast as all my friends boats, but still produces as many fish if not more. I can take it to and through those "hard to get to spots" Also electric only lakes. It's very cheap to operate, very light, easy to load, and easy to tow. As soon as I get the hands free trolling motor squared away this is going to be a lean mean fishing machine. If your curious speed is about 20-25mph possibly 2-3 mph faster than that? I wanna GPS it!!

Attachments

• IMG_0172.JPG
    IMG_0172.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 865
Here is a picture of my electrical 2 batteries, perko switch and onboard charger.

Attachments

• IMG_0162.JPG
    IMG_0162.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 864

Latest posts