New and old boat at the same time

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEGrumman

Reaction score
Well here is my new/old boat to me. You my be asking how it could be old and new at the same time? the answer is simple. My dad bought this boat (14ft Fisher SV-14DLX) new in 1987 and i was born in 1988. We fished every spring, summer and fall on that boat till the spring of 2006 when my dad bought a new Tracker Pro Guide 16(he has a thing for tin). He had to sell the boat at the time and i wasn't ready for a boat of my own but i always wanted that boat back. Well this spring i had the chance after 4 years to buy it back and boy did it feel right. Figured i would just show her to you guys because i am proud of it and what it means to me. Thanks for looking

0604110735.jpg

Doing a little trolling this summer
113.jpg

Some bass fishing with my best pal
0720111818.jpg

Getting ready to go in the water.
108.jpg

Great boat and I like Nissans. :) In case you are interested, to change that 9.9HP to a 15, only requires a different plastic advancer cam. If you are interested, I'll find the info, and send you a link.

Great looking boat, and a great history to go along with it.

I'm starting to aquire a bimini fetish from the heat we've had lately.

FuzzyGrub said:
Great boat and I like Nissans. :) In case you are interested, to change that 9.9HP to a 15, only requires a different plastic advancer cam. If you are interested, I'll find the info, and send you a link.

I think my dad tried that and didn't really notice a difference. Have you done it and noticed a difference? Any info would be great you have a sparked my interest.

NEGrumman said:
FuzzyGrub said:

I think my dad tried that and didn't really notice a difference. Have you done it and noticed a difference? Any info would be great you have a sparked my interest.

No, I haven't done it. Considered buying a 10hp + cam, back in '97. I ended up with the larger displacement 18hp. I have seen numerous reports from people who have done it with positive results.

From a Nissan/Tohatsu dealer:
Re: Changing throttle cam on Nissan/Tohatsu 9.9 with boat in water
Pull the starter housing, disconnect the timing link, turn the coil plate exposing the two bolts on the cam....That's it. Five minutes at most, ten if you are scared of making a mistake, twenty if you are dumb as a tree stump, an hour if you are an engineer. Just the swap. No other adjustments.

I'd have to search a bit more to find the throttle/cam part number.

Latest posts