Life expectancy

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Lariscy

Reaction score
My plans for my mod are to coat plywood with 3 coats of spar urethane, then I am going to screw all the wood down in place and caulk all the seams and edges with a elastomeric caulk then I am going to spray the all the wood with ultra tuff or something similar. How long would you expect this to last fishing in the marsh dumping castnets on the front deck and such? Its already in progress no turning back but I am just curious what I can expect...

The life expectancy of your boat and deck will depend more on how it's stored when it's not in use. Keep it clean, dry, and out of the sun it'll last a lot longer than it will if it's exposed to the elements all the time.

jigngrub said:
The life expectancy of your boat and deck will depend more on how it's stored when it's not in use. Keep it clean, dry, and out of the sun it'll last a lot longer than it will if it's exposed to the elements all the time.

Its going to stay covered when not in use I am simply wondering about the exposure it's going to get to salt water from fishing.

Latest posts