Who has the fastest tin??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linehand

Reaction score
I know most of us didn't build for speed but....I vote for Ditchen's boat https://rides.webshots.com/photo/2515675280051565062AowoaD?vhost=rides
that thing flat out hauls....but **** man would you paint that thing :beer:
Mine does 34-35 on gps.

I know it's not me!!!!!!
I'm jealous as hell of some of you guys. I've got a 15' with a 25 hp Mariner. The fastest I've got up to was 23 mph, by myself. :? That's with only one battery, a 6 gallon fuel tank, and a bow mounted TM.
I hear of so many ofther people getting close to 30 with my same set up......wish I did.
Are you guys doing something that I don't know about??

bt4264 said:
I know it's not me!!!!!!
I'm jealous as hell of some of you guys. I've got a 15' with a 25 hp Mariner. The fastest I've got up to was 23 mph, by myself. :? That's with only one battery, a 6 gallon fuel tank, and a bow mounted TM.
I hear of so many ofther people getting close to 30 with my same set up......wish I did.
Are you guys doing something that I don't know about??

What kind of hull are you running?

How much decking do you have in your boat and have you checked your floatation foam for waterlogging? Weight adds up quick in a small tinny.

linehand said:
I know most of us didn't build for speed but....I vote for Ditchen's boat https://rides.webshots.com/photo/2515675280051565062AowoaD?vhost=rides
Mine does 34-35 on gps.

How fast is Ditchen's boat?

Speed only matters to me when competing in our clubs electric only tournaments. When i pull the outboard off the boat and run my motorguide70# - 24v TM at full speed I get 3.5mph on the GPS. "Fasted boat in the west!" haha, not really but i can currently outrun any of the other competitors.

gillhunter said:
linehand said:
Mine does 34-35 on gps.

How fast is Ditchen's boat?
I don't know but it's frickin' fast...and quick. it will make your eyes water.
How many ponies ditchen??

Polar Kraft 168SC, 90 hp Yamaha, SS prop. 40 on gps with 2 people 1/2 tank gas. Sold it 2 weeks ago.

Attachments

• Polar Kraft 168SC.jpg
    Polar Kraft 168SC.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,972
I'm running 32.5 mph fully loaded with 24 gallons of gas, tackle, 24v trolling motor, 4 batteries, tools, ect. ect. ect. Pretty heavy but it gets out of the hole quick.

squeak12 said:
Cowling says it is a 40.

It had a 76 tiller 40, then moved up to a side console steer with a 50.

it's a 50hp power head with all the add ons they say not to use or do on here. I have a 21 pitch stretched to a 23 with a triple cup. Engine still running,, I'll just will say still revving well over 6k and pulls very well. Still way under propped. Since I'm running a small gear case it is tough to find a prop best fit for my combo.

gillhunter, how fast you ask; high 40's, but there is more there :shock:

I'm in the low 40's with my little 40hp rude, but I'm running a handy cap. outboard jet pump instant 1/3 of your hp lost. So technically I'm running aa 28hp. :lol: I built mine to be a speed demon though :twisted:

Lil' Blue Rude said:
..... I built mine to be a speed demon though :twisted:

<saying with a snicker> it is not about speed for me;it's all about how quick ya get to speed :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/user/swampsled1?feature=mhee#p/a/u/1/2_fvQSwyBlg

My little 1542 Alumcraft "Swamp Sled" iwith a 25hp Merc longshaft mounted on the mini jacker jackplate ran 31 mph on GPS consistently. With me by myself or with another adult and a full tank of gas. Once I had it to 33mph but just briefly.

g3beach3.jpg

The new boat..... 2002 G3 1756 with a 40hp Yamaha 2 stroke power tilt/trim runs WOT 32-33mph on GPS with 9 gallons of gas, a cooler and 2 adults.

It cruises at 25-28 mph real nice and gets much better mileage/range than the SwampSled with the 25hp merc.

ditchen said:
Lil' Blue Rude said:
..... I built mine to be a speed demon though :twisted:

<saying with a snicker> it is not about speed for me;it's all about how quick ya get to speed :mrgreen:
Bet mine gets plained out before yours :mrgreen: built 70hps can't jump me out of the hole.

reedjj said:
https://www.youtube.com/user/swampsled1?feature=mhee#p/a/u/1/2_fvQSwyBlg

My little 1542 Alumcraft "Swamp Sled" iwith a 25hp Merc longshaft mounted on the mini jacker jackplate ran 31 mph on GPS consistently. With me by myself or with another adult and a full tank of gas. Once I had it to 33mph but just briefly.

Awesome...mine drops off to 29 immediately with another person. I'll lose 1 just mph by dropping the windscreen...I think mine may suffer from sensitivity but it is nice to see everything..when sanding forward.

Latest posts