Did you name your boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkuster

Reaction score
Seems like those who are able to enjoy the lifestyles of the rich and famous name their boats and paint it on the transom.

Anyone around here do that?

Mine is called "SS Harold" in honor of my Grandfather who I inherited the boat from. Many great memories in the boat!

Attachments

• DSCN3177.JPG
    DSCN3177.JPG
    219 KB · Views: 711
My boat isnt finished yet but it will be called "Slab Assassin". Gonna have a vinyl decal cut when I get my numbers cut. it will go on the right side of the transom oposite a TinBoats.net decal!!

I was thinking 'water skimmer' or 'rock hopper' once I put the UHMW on the hull. I made the transom so I can put a name back there once it's finish welded.

Jamie

I'm on my 3rd named boat... first was the "Cook's Trait" (new zealand pun), sold and the new owner kept the name. Second was the "M/V Test Float". Latest is the "River Monster". Instead of fancy lettering or paint, I tend to write the name of the boat on a piece of masking tape and then just put that on the transom.

I don't have a name for my little tinboat, but my (late) great uncle's Grady-White was named "The Happy Hooker" when he bought it.
His wife had him change the name. :lol:

"Rock Bottom".... pretty self explanatory for a shallow water jet rig!

RB-console.jpg

Hey, thanks for all the replies!

My wife is of Irish decent and my son's name is Daniel, so I'm considering naming the boat "Danny Boy"...

Latest posts