What Should i do?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwingler

Reaction score
Hi all im new here, I am not a small guy, 270 pounds 6 foot 1inch. I bought a 1432 jon boat made by gibson it is late 60's rivited jon. Boat only no motor, trailer etc... for 200.00. I found on craigslist a old 15 foot tom boy fiberglass boat, it has a nice trailer, foot control bow mount trolling motor, fish finder, and 2 minn kota 35 with it and 4 fold down seats. The boat looks like crap but i only paid $275.00 for all of it I removed the lights and motors to remove the carpet. Looks like they tried to paint it with epoxy. and they carpeted it all the way up to the top lol. Floor seems solid in it just looks really ugly and dont know if i should just take it to the dump or try to clean it up and maybe do a camo paint job if the paint would stick.

There is the wife and 2 kids and me, we all like to fish, so im stuck on what to do, fix this one or the jon.

I also have an old 5 hp elgin outboard but it needs a prop and work.

Any advice is welcome

Oh and the craigslist ad stated nice boat just needs carpet restretched lol

Attachments

• IM000054.JPG
    IM000054.JPG
    887.1 KB · Views: 274
  • IM000055.JPG
    IM000055.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 274
  • IM000058.JPG
    IM000058.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 274
I'd punt... Look for a better hull that will satisfy your needs and stop buying half measures. Sometimes it's really expensive being cheap.

Save up $2k and wait for the end of the season where you are, buy something decent 1648 or bigger and then make some plans. You'll have enough money to buy a nicely done boat or start fixing it yourself.

Jamie

Latest posts