Parts for older craft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had a lot of luck finding old motor parts off Ebay in their boat parts section. Then searchtempest.com will go through all the City/State craigslist listings. Other than that boat forums. Iboats and Hulltruth would be good place to look. When I had a Glastron GT150 it needed a winshield and it was impossible to find. Some parts you will just have to re fabricate.

Chuck,

I restored a 1992 fiberglass 22 footer a while back and the windshield was one thing that was impossible to find. I ended up making up a scale drawing based on the busted up one that I had and got a local plastics fab place to make a replica. It was a prety big piece of polycarbonate so it wasn't cheap (about $200) but most of the cost was wraped up in materials. If your part isn't too big you should be able to come in way under that.

Have fun with your restoration.

Kevin

Thanks for the reply's, my windshield is intact....but very old and looking through it is like a very foggy day to say the least.
I was told to use the new headlamp cleaning kit made for today's cars, it is supposedly the same material.
My biggest fear is doing something to restore it and ruining it in spite of myself.
I am taking before and after pictures so as to have a step by step to share, this will be my first attempt at a total restoration; at the same time I want to hit the water and chase some Trout.
Again thanks for the help.

Chuck

I don't know if this will help but I had an older car with scratches in the side roll up window. I used regular car wax and it helped to hide the scratches for a while until I had to redo the wax on the glass. Plastic might be another story though.

HAVE FUN!

troutski said:
My biggest fear is doing something to restore it and ruining it in spite of myself.

Don't worry about that Man, I've used plenty of those kits and they are pretty foolproof. I think that would be your best bet, AND, if it doesn't work, you're already in the mindset that you need to replace it anyways. I think you'll be alright, though.

you might try this
https://kendormarine.com/
just a shot . you would ever walk in that place you might think he has everything. if you are arround milwakee stop in you will be amazed

Thanks everyone, nice to feel welcome. I am taking this project slow and steady.... I checked out some of the projects here and have already picked up some great ideas,
I am having the inside of the craft blasted with walnut shells and then coated in ARMA coat, will add around 20 lbs to the weight of the boat. It seals it and gives it just a hint more stability to the riveted hull. While this is being done I am installing a new wiring harness and submersible LED lights. For once I have 14" wheels and leaf springs on my trailer, will be installing new roller bunks and side rollers for ease of trailering when I have stayed out just a bit to late.
Again thanks for the hints and links, very much appreciated.

Chuck

Latest posts