10' Thin Tin Jon Boat? Looking For Brand

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dice1

Reaction score
I picked up this 10' jon boat sat just cause it was only $100. Well the boat seems to be made out a light gauge metal. I never saw one this light before. I am 135lbs and I can pick the whole thing up by myself. Ill get some pics later. I was just looking to see if anyone knows what make year hp rating this thing is. I cant find the Max capacity plate or hull ID anywhere. My friend lent me a 3hp Evinrude and it moved very well. I dont think I need that much on it but it be nice.

We rented, for the day, what you are describing back in 1996 and **** near drowned in the thing. Glad I rented it and didn't own it. It had almost no framework and was a car-topper. Not to put you off, just our first hand experience before becoming a LOWE owner. Good luck with it. Be safe.
[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

It is was actually sturdy in the water sat night. I had it loaded down with myself (135lbs), cooler (lbs), Trolling motor and battery (95lbs), other tackle and random stuff (60lbs). It stilled moved well in the water. after I got back to charger the batteries for a second run my friend lent me his 3hp outboard and it really moved in the water. I was suprised for sure of how it performed that night. Ill get pics up tonight or tomorrow.

And yea the material looks like that but with a little more scally look.

I HAD AN OLD SEARS TIN A LONG TIME AGO ITHAS THAT REAL SCALEY LOOKING TIN ON IT WAS A GOOD LIL BOAT, SHOT ALOT OF DUCKS OUTTA THAT THING POSTA PIC IF YOU CAN :)

my sears 1432 (link below) is made out of that material. the floor flops around a bit when there is a chop on the water, but it sure is light!
3.jpg

^^^^^^Tin-Boat
Edit*
Now that i look back at it, I've seen freezers etc made from that material...any clue what gauge that is?

The only thing I would be really careful of with something that thin would be the transom strength, especially running a 3hp. A trolling motor under 40lbs of thrust i doubt would hurt anything.

Latest posts